Michael Solby, M.Ed., R.P., (C) OACCPP, C.A.T.S.M., D.A.A.E.T.S
I am a registered psychotherapist and member in good standing of the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO). More than 25 years as a certified psychotherapist contributes to my expertise in helping people solve emotional problems, overcome barriers and restore balance in their day-to-day lives. Located in Etobicoke, I work with adults, adolescents and children in both group and individual settings. My wide range of treatment approaches results in notable positive outcomes for even the most challenging situations. I use my unique skill set to help my clients deal with their very personal issues in a practical, realistic way. I hold post-graduate degrees from the University of Toronto and the Royal Academy in London, England.
Areas of Practice:
In my practice, I assist clients around issues associated with complex and severe forms of posttraumatic disorder (adult or child onset), dissociative disorders, borderline personality disorders, mood disorders, family blending, abuse inside the home, marital conflict, conflict between siblings, parents or peer groups, obsessive compulsive disorder, anger management, depression and anxiety. I am dedicated to listening to clients' viewpoints and helping them make a realistic plan to change the things they want to change. By working together, we find solutions and discover new opportunities to provide them with a richer, more rewarding life.
Certifications and Advanced Training:
- Registered Psychotherapist, College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Diplomate in the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress (D.A.A.E.T.S.)
- Acute Traumatic Stress Management- National Centre for Crisis Management (C.A.T.S.M.) and the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Certified EMDR (Level 2)
- Toronto Centre for Psychodrama and Sociometry (in accordance with guidelines of the American Board of Examiners in Psychodrama, Sociometry, Group Psychotherapy)
- Moreno Institute- Advanced Professional Training in Applied Psychodrama, Sociodrama, Sociometry and Sociartry
- World Fellowship for Schizophrenia and Allied Disorders
Office Location: 4195 Dundas Street West, Suite 335. Etobicoke, ON M8X 1Y4