Margaret Zaczek, MA, RP, (Cert) OACCPP
Margaret Zaczek has been providing counselling services for over 20 years to individuals, couples and families. Assisting those with barriers to counselling services has been her lifelong passion, and she has provided psychotherapy through non-profit family service agency in London, as well as through online services through her private practice.
Workshops and Continued Training:
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills (version 11), 2016
- What Works to Manage Compassion Fatigue & Secondary Trauma: Beyond Kale & Pedicure. Workshop with Francoise Matthieu. May 2016
- The ASK – Assessing for Suicide in Kids. Workshop. February 2016
- The Gottman Seven Principles Program: Faciltator/Educator Training. October 2015
- Level 1 Cybercounselling Certificate. Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work, University of Toronto and Worldwide Therapy Online Inc. June 2015
- When All the Time You Have is Now: Narrative Practices in Single Session Therapy & Walk-In Sessions. Workshop. March 2015
- Fundamentals of Couple and Family Therapy Supervision. AAMFT approved course, Guelph, February 2015
- Becoming Safely Embodies: A Mindfulness Skill Based Approach to Working with Trauma and Attachment, Deidre Fay, November 18 & 19, 2013
- Ethics and Boundaries: Challenges of Electronic Media, Gary R. Schoener, October 25, 2013
- Critical Incident Response – best practices in the workplace, Sue Browning, October 21, 2013
- Dancing the Neurobiological Waltz: A Sensorimotor Approach to Treatment. Janina Fisher. November 2012
- New Approaches to Treating Traumatic Memory: Remembering or Reprocessing. Janina Fisher, November 2012
- Men and Healing: From Conceptualization to Engagement – Male Sexual Victimization. October 2012
- Basic EMDR Training Certificate. 2008.
- Critical Incident Stress Management Training – completed 2007.
- Certificate in Couple and Family Therapy Studies. University of Guelph. Guelph, Ontario. 2006
- Master of Psychology. University of Wroclaw. Wroclaw, Poland. 1985(degree recognized by the University of Toronto as comparable in level to a Master's degree in Psychology from a reputable Canadian University)
- Stalker C.A., Riemer, M., Cait, C.A., Horton, S., Booton, J., Josling, L., Bedggood, J. & Zaczek M. (2015). A comparison of walk-in counselling and the wait list model for delivering counselling services. Journal of Mental Health. Published on-line December 15, 2015.
- Carol Stalker, Manuel Riemer, Cheryl-Anne Cait, Susan Horton, Jocelyn Booton, Leslie Josling, Joanna Bedggood, and Margaret Zaczek: A comparison of walk-in counselling and the wait list model for delivering counselling services. Journal of Social Work Faculty Publications. Wilfrid Laurier University, December 2015
- Collaborative Protocol Development between Paediatric Emergency Department and Crisis & Intake Team, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Annual Conference, 2016
- Working with Clients Presenting with Trauma, Seniors Wraparound Program, Fall 2014.
- Coping with Job Loss. Community Employment Fanshawe, November 6, 2012
- Suicide Risk Assessment. London Intercommunity Health Centre – Seniors Wraparound Program. May 2012
- Vicarious Trauma and Professional Grief. London Intercommunity Health Centre – Seniors Wraparound Program. Fall 2011
- Working Towards Accessible and Culturally Appropriate Mental Health Services. Psychology Department Retreat. UWO. May 2010
- Coping with Stress. Presentation to Hostels to Homes Program. London, Ontario. November 2007.
- From Red Ribbons to Trials of Ice and Fire: the Healing Journey of Polish Senior Women through Narrative and Art Therapy. OATA 2005 National Conference. London, Ontario, May 14-15 2005
- Coping with Postpartum Depression. Westmount Library. London, Ontario. April 30, 2005.
- Depression and Disability. Independent Living Centre. London, Ontario. July27, 2004.
- Conflict Management Skills. Half-day workshop for Youth Start Project. London, May 2003.
- Building Connections: working with seniors through narrative and art therapy. Family Service Canada National Conference. Ottawa, October 2003.
- Grief and Post-traumatic stress. King’s College Conference on Grief and Bereavement. London, May 2002.
- On Relationships. Half-day workshop for Multicultural Youth Association. London, March 1996.
- Name: Margaret Zaczek
- London, Ontario
- Contact: through Website Contact Page
- Website: www.ecounsellor.net
- Hours of Operation – please see the website