Galina Stone, MSW, RSW, (Cert) OACCPP
Galina is a Certified Psychotherapist, a Member of OACCPP and a Registered Social Worker, a Member of OCSWSSW.
Galina offers grief and bereavement, caregivers’ burnout, mood and anxiety disorder, disability, career change, emotional intelligence and information counselling. Her focus is strength-perspective and solution-oriented therapy. She provides counselling services to diverse adult client population in one-on-one, family, and group settings.
Galina uses proven techniques, such as Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing (MI) that concentrate on examining the relationships between thoughts, feelings and behaviors while helping you reshape your thought processes to increase your overall mental wellness and stress coping skills. She provides counselling in English and Russian languages.
Galina also offers supervision services both in person and over the phone.
Being passionate about professional development and teaching, Galina is an Adjunct Lecturer at UofT and Seminar Facilitator at Fleming College.
- Master’s of Social Work, Health and Mental Health, University of Toronto
- Bachelor of Social Work, Lakehead University
- BA in Ed, Far Eastern Federal University, Russia
- Health Care and Social Services Project Management Certificate. York University, Schulich School of Business
- Motivational Interviewing Certificate. University of Toronto, OISE
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Certificate. University of Toronto, OISE
- iLead Quality Improvement Certificate, SHSC
- End of Life Volunteer Training Certificate. Dorothy Ley Hospice
- Hospice Care for Children Volunteer Training Certificate. Philip Aziz Centre & Toronto Hospice
- The Impact of Traumatic Loss: A Workshop for Loss & Bereavement. Rome Ed.
- Therapeutic Touch. Therapeutic Touch Network Ontario
- Body-Centred Interventions for Working with Trauma, Addictions, ADD and Depression. Hincks-Dellcrest Centre – Gail Appel Institute
- Mental Health Series. Casey House
Contact Information: Office Location: Central & East Toronto
Or visit: www.gscounselling.ca