Almuth Weigeldt, M. A., (C) OACCPP
Almuth Weigeldt is an experienced trauma therapist working at Women's College Hospital as well as in private practice. She uses an integrated approach based on a relational client-centred and gender conscious approach and incorporating elements from narrative, systemic, cognitive-behavioral, hypnosis and mindfulness based interventions.
- MA (German equivalent) in clinical psychology
- 2 year internship in psychotherapy at Toronto Institute of Human Relations
- 1 year externship in marriage and family therapy, Child and Adolescent Services, Hamilton
- Certificate in Marriage and Family Services, U of T Faculty of Social Work
- Certificate in EMDR
- Certificate in Emotionally-Focused Therapy for Couples
- Certificate in Hypnosis, ASH approved training
- Training in Relational-Cultural Therapy and numerous conferences and courses over the last 20 years
- Journal of Psychological Trauma. Book review on Dworkin, Mark: EMDR and the relational imperative: the therapeutic relationship in EMDR treatment. New York: Routledge, 2005. ISBN 0-415-95028-7. Reviewed by: Almuth Weigeldt, MA. Mental Health Therapist, Trauma Therapy and Mental Health in Medicine Programs, Women's College Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Recently submitted: A manuscript titled Outcome Study of Brief Relational Cultural Therapy in a Women's Mental Health Centre (TPSR-2011-0156) has been submitted by Ms. M. Oakley to Psychotherapy Research. Almuth Weigeldt is listed as co-author
Almuth Weigeldt has offered numerous workshops and presentations on stress management and relationships as well as feminist therapy over the years. More recent presentation highlights include:
- 2009 Presentation of a program evaluation paper at Women's Mental Health in Ontario: Building Networks and Research Capacity, sponsored by the University of Toronto's Women's Mental Health Program, Women's College Hospital and the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health with the title: 'How participants in a psychotherapy group for patients with chronic medical conditions describe their experiences'
- 2008 Presentation to joint collaborative conference with U of Windsor and WMH program at Women's College Hospital on Feminism
- 2008 Diabetes and Mental Health workshop at LAMP, Toronto for diabetes educators and nurses
- 2007 Workshop on "Couple Therapy When a Partner is Ill". At Women's College Hospital conference "Not Just Any Body's Therapy: Gender Issues in Psychotherapy with the Medically Ill"
Office Location: 106 Lakeshore Rd. East. Mississauga, ON L5G 1E3
Hours of Operation: time limited and short-term counselling and psychotherapy as well as open-ended, longer term psychotherapy available. Frequency of sessions are negotiated on an individual basis. Sessions are offered every second Saturday only.