RPIC Website is now live!
RPIC Website Launch Update
We are delighted to officially announce the launch of our website on 17 April, 2017. You can now find all you need to know about getting Registered Psychotherapists added to extended health benefits by visiting rptherapybenefits.ca.
Our goal with this new website is to provide our community of Registered Psychotherapists, not only with up-to-date information on the progress of the RPIC's stated mandate (see below), but also to engage your participation by making documents available that you can post in your waiting rooms, offer to clients, or offer to friends and family who are members of large employers and unions.
Here is a brief overview of what you will find on rptherapybenefits.ca.
- A Home Page with a “News” section and our mandate
- A Resources Page with the following documents:
- The link to all RPIC updates
- An RP Benefits Fact Sheet
- Template Letters – for family and friends that can be tailored as required and sent to employers and/or unions
- Template Letter for your interested clients that can be printed and sent to their employers to include RPs (providing you adhere to the Conflict of
- Interest rules that guide all RPs).
- A ‘What You Can Do" support document that can be posted in your waiting rooms
- An FAQ page that answers questions posed by both RPs and clients
3. A "How You Can Help" form that will allow all RPs to share which companies are now including RPs. This helps us lobby others to do the same.
4. A "Contact Us" page that will allow you to contact us if required. A list of RPIC members can also be found here.
We hope you find the website useful and look forward to hearing from you.
The Registered Psychotherapist Insurance Committee (RPIC) has a mandate of having the services of Registered Psychotherapists covered by third party insurance providers. This mandate will be achieved when it is standard practice for all third party benefit plans to include Registered Psychotherapists as extended health professional suppliers (like Psychologists, Social Workers, Naturopaths, Chiropractors, Registered Massage Therapists, etc). Our goal is to have 80% of Ontario employer benefit plans include RPs as providers by the end of 2018.
Click here to download this information.
Keep up-to-date with the OACCPP's commitment to supporting RPIC's advocacy here.View Source