Types of Membership
At this level you must EITHER:
- Have graduate standing (master’s degree, doctorate or equivalent) in a course of study related to mental health from an accredited institution
- Be a member in good standing with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
General members have access to the group liability insurance unsupervised.
At this level you must hold ANY of the following:
- a four year diploma from a private training institute in a specific modality of psychotherapy;
- a degree in nursing, occupational therapy, medicine or other related fields and additional two years training in a specific modality of psychotherapy;
- a post-secondary degree or diploma related to mental health from an accredited college or university (two or three year diploma or three or four year degree).
Affiliate members must be supervised by an eligible supervisor to access the group liability insurance rate.
At this level you must be:
- currently enrolled full-time studies in a master’s-level program related to mental health at an accredited institution.
Student members must be supervised by an eligible supervisor to access the group liability insurance.
Certified members are general members who have undergone a three step process:
- Submitted the certification application form, provided two professional references forms, and paid the $200 initial fee.
- Completed and submitted the take home exam and case study, work sample, and critique of work sample.
- Complete the oral interview with the Certification Committee and submitted the final $175 fee.
Retired members have a reduced annual rate and must have:
- Ceased all professional activities surrounding their mental health practice.
Interested in Becoming a Member of OACCPP?
Contact our Membership Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, (416) 298-7333 x201, or toll free at 1-(888) 622-2779 x201 if you have any questions or concerns.
Fill out the application form and provide the necessary documents to get the process started today.