General, Certified and Retired members are able to access the group liability insurance rate without supervision.
Student and Affiliate members must be supervised by an eligible supervisor to access the group liability insurance rate. Supervision for insurance purposes denotes a formally established relationship of consultation with a senior/regulated mental health services provider in the event that a member should meet a practice issue beyond their expertise.
An eligible supervisor is either:
- A certified member of OACCPP (they have the letter ‘C’ in their membership number); or
- A member of a regulated mental health college (e.g. a registered psychotherapist, psychologist, social worker with MSW, psychiatrist or physician with two years of training in psychotherapy). Your supervisor’s college must have a mental health focus.
If you are a student or affiliate member looking to access the group liability insurance rate, a letter from your eligible supervisor must be sent to the OACCPP and contain the following information:
- OACCPP member’s full name
- Supervisor’s full name
- Their certification number with OACCPP or their registration number with their college
- The letter must explicitly confirm that the supervisor is certified with OACCPP or registered with the name of their college
- Two to three sentences about the supervision arrangement
- Their signature and contact information
The letter can be
- Scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faxed to (416) 298-9593
- Mailed to 586 Eglinton Ave E., Suite 410, Toronto, ON M4P 1P2
The letter cannot be just an email, as it must include a signature.